Friday, August 16, 2013

CAKE!!!


Oh the mighty wedding cake.
I like cake just as much as the next person. I also love cupcakes, cake pops, candy tables...basically if you just take a bag of sugar and pour it down my mouth, I'll be happy. 
Now- there are many people who do not participate in the traditional cutting of a cake for their wedding, and to each their own. However, if a bride and groom are going to spend a good chunk of change on a cake, I like to make sure that it can be showcased before the caterers take the cake back to get it ready for dessert service. What I have found is that there seems to be a trend of lace on cakes for this year. I am just in awe as I look at these highly decorated and extraordinary cake! Lace detail can NOT be easy- but it looks so elegant.  

Lace-wedding-cake
www.weddingelation.com
Another trend that I have been seeing is to have more than one cake. I guess, if one is good, three must be great! A lot of times a bride and groom will have a sheet cake in the back for the caterers to cut to help with cost. This would eliminate that and the guest would be able to see exactly what is going to be cut and put in front of them. It also gives a really nice presentation. 
Photo Credit: Courtesy of Martha Stewart
Cupcakes have made a comeback too- but these little hand held pieces of goodness will be saved for another post. I need to go get some good old fashion butter cream frosting after looking at all these delicious cakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment